COVID-19 Ministry Opportunities
Ways to help (includes food item donation list)
About Friendship House
Friendship House will be open on Mondays from 9:00 a.m. to Noon for donations, Thursdays from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. for food distribution and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for food collections. New Times for food distribution and collection. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, FH will be assisting clients with City of Garland utilities via phone and email. There will be NO client appointments in the FH facility until social distancing is over. All client interaction will be through phone or email.
Friendship House, a relief ministry sponsored by First Baptist Church of Garland, in conjunction with local churches and community organizations, was organized in 1977 to help meet the physical needs of those who were out of work, physically disabled, or low income for a variety of reasons and circumstances. With the help of many volunteers, it reaches out to as many as 175 families per week.
What Does Friendship House Provide?
- Household items such as furniture, linens, and kitchenware
- Occasional financial assistance if available
- Thanksgiving food
- Christmas gifts
- School supplies
- Other necessities
- Referrals to other resources
How Can I Help?
- Donate usable clothing, household items, food and toys
- Plan and/or participate in a food, coat, blanket or toy drive at your school, workplace, or church
- Donate funds for food, DART passes, gas coupons or bill assistance
- Work as a volunteer