About Friendship House
Friendship House, a relief ministry sponsored by First Baptist Church of Garland, in conjunction with local churches and community organizations, was organized in 1977 to help meet the physical needs of those who were out of work, physically disabled, or low income for a variety of reasons and circumstances. With the help of many volunteers, it reaches out to as many as 175 families per week.
What Does Friendship House Provide?
- Household items such as furniture, linens, and kitchenware
- Occasional financial assistance if available
- Thanksgiving food
- Christmas gifts
- School supplies
- Other necessities
- Referrals to other resources
How Can I Help?
- Donate usable clothing, household items, food and toys
- Plan and/or participate in a food, coat, blanket or toy drive at your school, workplace, or church
- Donate funds for food, DART passes, gas coupons or bill assistance
- Work as a volunteer
620 W Avenue B, Garland, TX 75040
Call for a client appointment.
Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.–Noon
Donations accepted at 24-hour drop boxes and during business hours.