Annie Armstrong Easter Offering and Week of Prayer 2023
Sunday, March 5, through Sunday, March 12, is the Week of Prayer for North American Missions. There is Prayer Guide and corresponding video (below) for each day of the week. They each have a specific emphasis and story about North American Missions, the work being done through the North American Mission Board, and it's importance.
More information about the NAMB and the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
“What a glorious thing it is to be a co-worker with God in winning the world for Christ.”
Who was Annie Armstrong? (1850-1938)
Annie was born in Baltimore at a time when there was little opportunity for women. Yet, her devotion to Christ led her to a life of service and leadership. She organized women to pray, to give and to meet the needs around them. She challenged pastors and churches to action and rallied vital support for missionaries. Ultimately, Annie was recognized as a national Southern Baptist trailblazer for her visionary leadership that still inspires millions today.
• Started Bay View Mission for Baltimore’s poor and addicted
• Served as the first executive of Woman’s Missionary Union
• Raised support for missionaries to Italian and Jewish immigrants
• Initiated fund-raising “brick cards” to build churches in Cuba
• Gained support for the first black, female missionaries
• Secured funds to relieve China missionary, Lottie Moon, who had
served for 11 years without a furlough
• Advocated for Native Americans and impoverished mountain people
• Traveled across America in the late 1800s encouraging missionaries
and inspiring churches to pray, give and act
• Honored in 1934 when The Home Missions Offering was re-named
for her to encourage more to follow her sacrificial example
Today, more than $2 billion has been given through the Annie
Armstrong Easter Offering®. All gifts—100%—support thousands of
missionaries in church planting and compassion ministries across
the U.S. and Canada
Please consider giving to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering. 100% of all gifts received provide for missionaries in North America.
When choosing where your donation goes, please choose other and designate to Annie Armstrong Easter Offering. Thank you for your generosity.