Upward Basketball 2020-21
We are excited to announce that plans are underway for an Upward Basketball league this winter. While these are challenging days for everyone, we believe it is time to give our children an opportunity to run, play and have fun.
Please know, the health and safety of your children will be a priority for us. In addition, flexibility and adaptability will be key to our success this season. We have just completed a successful outdoor soccer season and are encouraged that all will go well when we move indoors for basketball.
This season we will be offering leagues for boys and girls in Grades 1-6. Registration will be online only and will begin on Monday, November 2. We are happy to share with you that the registration fee this year has been reduced.
For the first time we will have limits on the number of players for each league. Please register early and encourage your friends to do so as well. If a league reaches it's registration limit, you will be added to a waiting list.
Practices will begin the week of January 4. Games will begin on January 23.
We are discussing a plan for possibly holding evaluations in a different way this season. After you register you will receive more information about that. Please note that during the online registration process we are asking a few additional questions this season. Please pay special attention to these questions as they will be beneficial and help us out with information we can use if we do not have in-person evaluations.
As mentioned above.........we will take every precaution to try and keep your child and family safe while they are at practices and games. Please note the following.........
* Sanitization stations will be readily available at all times.
* Cleaning will take place throughout the day (games) and evening (practices).
* We will have no more than 8 players per team this season.
* We will only practice 2 teams at a time this season.
* We will only play one game at a time this season.
* Practices and games will be spaced out to eliminate overlap of teams coming and going.
* Masks will be required for everyone except the children when they are practicing and playing.
* Social distancing will be in effect for fans as they gather to cheer for the children.
TO REGISTER.......click here.
We are looking forward to another wonderful season of Upward Basketball. If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email and we will be glad to answer. Remember.......stay flexible!
Bob Couch, Minister of Recreation
Cindy Cook, Recreation Ministry Associate
First Baptist Church, Garland