Hello FBCG family. I wanted to provide you another update concerning COVID-19 and the ministry of FBCG. Due to the recent spread of the coronavirus and Dallas County Health Department guidelines, all church activities will remain cancelled through Wednesday, April 1. At that time, we will re-assess the situation and provide another update to you. Here are the plans at this time …
- All activities at FBCG through Wednesday, April 1, have been cancelled. We will re-assess the situation at that time and provide an update to you.
- Sunday Morning worship services will be via live stream as Pastor Greg and Mark lead out at 11:15 a.m. each Lord’s Day. You may access the services through several options. Click here for a list of options.
- Sunday School will continue via electronic and online classes.
- Beginning tomorrow, a different FBCG minister will bring a morning devotional and prayer throughout the pandemic. These will be posted each morning (Monday-Saturday) at 8:30 a.m. on the church website (www.fbcgarland.org).
- Pastor Greg will continue teaching the mid-week Bible Study class each Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. via live stream and Student Worship (Refuge) will continue via You Tube Live.
- Various future activities of FBCG have been cancelled. Click here to access a current list.
- Due to the Shelter-in-place status, our offices are closing beginning Tuesday, March 24. Our ministers and staff are still available to you via e-mail and are working remotely. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need something. We are also checking our voicemails if you leave messages on the church phones.
- The McDonald Activity Center and Child Development Center will be closed until further notice.
- If any senior adults have any needs whatsoever, we have persons ready to assist. Please call the church office (972-276-7194) and leave us a message to let us know.
- Please remain faithful with your tithes and offerings during this time. FBCG ministry depends entirely upon the tithes and offerings of God’s people to pay bills, minister, etc. You may give your tithes and offerings through the church website, or mail them (801 W. Avenue D, Garland, 75040).
A few notes … the Ministry Team and Staff of FBCG will continue to provide spiritual and pastoral care to our membership. The form may look different (more calls, texts, or e-mails rather than personal touch), but we are still praying for you and here for you. Please contact us any time!
Also, please note the various ways in which you can watch the Sunday morning worship services. Some of you may have had some difficulty logging on last week, due to the high demand of persons watching (which is good!) We have had an overwhelming response of those who watched and commented on the services. Thank you!
Also, remember to be faithful with your financial giving. God still commands us to be faithful with His tithe and our offerings, despite difficult times and although we are not meeting on campus for activities. In fact, now is the best time to prove His faithfulness with the tithe! FBCG depends 100% upon the tithes and offerings of God’s people to pay bills, minister, etc. If you have not set up your payments electronically, now would be a great time to do so. Go to our church website. I give through this system and it is safe and convenient.
Again, know of my love for you and the ministry of FBCG. God is still in control and has purpose and meaning through these days. We will see later the harvest that He is bringing. Stay faithful and encouraged, my brothers and sisters. Keep calm and carry on.