An update from Pastor Greg - June 5
Hello FBCG church family!
I wanted to give you an update concerning our future worship together. We are ready to gather and worship again, live and in person, as a congregation! I am anxious to see you all again!
During the days of the pandemic, it has been difficult to re-gather again at FBCG due to the configuration of our facilities. The size of the worship center, the narrowness of our hallways, and the close proximity of our stairwells and common areas have made a social distancing plan difficult. However, things have reached a point to where we can gather again in a safe, socially-distanced manner. Hallelujah!
I commissioned a task force many weeks back to examine all of the details of our re-opening at FBCG. I appreciate their commitment and work. They have consulted with our own medical personnel and other authorities. I have been in contact with other medical personnel, authorities, pastors, and other churches of similar size in our area. We feel like it is both safe and appropriate to re-open our facilities to worship again.
Let me share with you some dates and details of our initial re-gathering plan. The first two times that we will gather in person to worship together as a congregation will be a little different than we are accustomed but will be wonderful celebrations! The Sunday evenings of June 21 and June 28, we will gather at the football stadium on the campus of North Garland High School at 7:00 p.m. to worship. Mark Hill will be leading our worship, we will have special music, and I will preach from God’s Word.
Now I am excited to share with you we will begin worshiping in person in our Worship Center during the first week of July. This will be a glorious day for our church family, one we have been looking forward to for weeks. Please be watching in the days to come for an update with worship details on our return to campus.
Here are details of our large worship gatherings at North Garland High School:
- June 21 and June 28 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
- Parking is available behind North Garland High School. Enter the parking lot from Sam Houston Drive. Click here to see map.
- Entry will be at the SE corner of the stadium.
- It will be a socially-distanced worship service. Families will be at least 6 feet from one another.
- If you cannot attend physically, or you are ill, then we understand. We will record the event for you to watch later.
- Seating will be available in the stadium bleachers (you may want to bring a stadium seat or blanket). You may prefer to bring a lawn chair and sit anywhere in the stadium or on the field. Families may prefer to bring a blanket and sit together on it on the football field.
- Please feel free to bring food and have a picnic, if you want.
- Dress is casual.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
- It will warm, so heat may be a factor. You may want to bring an umbrella for shade. We will have cooling stations available and give out bottles of water.
I am excited about this format and feel like God has led us to it. These days have not hindered our Lord and He is using them for His glory. It will be exciting to see you all again and worship the Lord Jesus Christ together in person! I love each of you and am honored to serve as your pastor.
- Sunday mornings (June 7, 14, 21, 28) – live stream only A.M. worship services
- Sunday evenings (June 21, 28) – worship at North Garland High School at 7:00 p.m.
- First week of July – morning worship services live in the FBCG facilities and online